Tenant Support

Do you need help with maintenance?

If any maintenance problems should arise during your Tenancy, please read through the below frequently asked questions.

“Excellent communication and response to maintenance requests throughout the tenancy.”
A previous tenant of Lucy Properties

Frequently asked questions

The smoke alarms keeps beeping

A light bulb has stopped working

Power failure

Blocked toilet

Blocked sink/plug hole/shower tray


No heating

No hot water - needs text

I can smell gas

I’m locked out

White goods not working

Water is pooling in my fridge

Freezer compartment doors are frozen over and the main door cannot close

Blocked shower head

Dishwasher is not draining

Dishwasher is leaving items marked

Extractor fan has stopped working properly

Condensation and mould

“I have found Lucy Properties to be a great Landlord, very responsive to maintenance and furniture requests, and very clear in explaining the process for moving in and out. In all urgent cases, the response to maintenance queries was extremely rapid.”
A previous tenant of Lucy Properties

What is classed as emergency?

Only threats to the property which require immediate action are considered emergencies.

For example;

Broken toilet

If your only toilet is broken.

Lock out

If you have a broken key/door/lock and are unable to get in or out of the property.

A leak

Any leak that is more than a drip or cannot be contained in a bucket.

Heating and hot water issues

Only if early in the evening or at the start of the weekend and if it’s very cold and there are no other means of hot water.

Broken lift

If you become stuck in a lift follow the guidance in the lift.

If the lift is not operational please report this to property maintenance.

No power

In the event of a power failure to any part of the house, the fuse box is the first area that should be checked.

Burst mains pipe

We will be able to advise the location of the stopcock if you cannot find it.


In the first instance please call the fire brigade.

Break in/burglary

In the first instance exit the building and report to the police.

Fire alarm sounding

If there is no evidence of a fire and the alarm will not stop.


If a blockage is causing a leak or flooding and cannot wait until the next day.

How to report

Please telephone the Lucy Properties office (01865 559973).

If it is outside of office hours you will be put through to the answer phone which will give you further instructions of who to call.

Still need help?

If you still require assistance please call us as soon as possible on 01865 559973 or email maintenance@lucyproperties.com.

If you are calling out of office hours please leave full details on our answer phone and we will return your call when the office re-opens.

Please do not undertake any maintenance yourself without prior permission and do not at any time instruct your own contractors to carry out maintenance works.

Not a tenant yet?

See our guidance on becoming a Lucy Properties tenant.